Feng Shui by Sakura
The furniture we select, paintings we use to adorn our walls and decorative features in our home make a statement about who we are, our aspirations and our inner sense of taste. Whether a person has a taste for contemporary design, country cottage, grunge or even simplicity, Feng Shui principles may be implemented in any enclosed space.
Residential Feng Shui focuses on health and harmony as crucial aspects for the family home. Some homes due to their front facing orientation and the age it was built are better from a Feng Shui point of view for wealth creation while others are better for health and harmony. Without your health and stable relationships, it becomes difficult to maintain financial stability, so while Feng Shui for financial gain is assessed, Feng Shui for Health and Feng Shui for relationships should be the focus of any residential Feng Shui consultation.
Your bedroom is a place for rest, intimacy and relaxation. It is where our bodies recover from a tiring day to repair and rejuvenate. Our bedrooms should allow us to feel safe and secure. During sleep our liver can rest, our mind can settle down and unwind from a hectic day at work and our muscles can relax. If our bedroom does not support us in these passive pursuits, then we cannot sleep, we can get sick and become more irritable.
Knowing and manipulating the energy and Feng Shui in your bedroom can help in many areas. Feng Shui for the bedroom will assist:
- men and women trying to find a stable partner
- married couples who are in conflict or having a challenging time with intimacy
- family members in conflict with each other
- family members experiencing health issues – from constantly getting common colds and flu to more serious and debilitating illnesses like heart problems, hypertension, cancer, asthma and so on
- couples trying to fall pregnant
- couples trying to reconnect with each other
While there are many practical and common sense Feng Shui tips to set up the physical room and placement of furniture within your room, these recommendations will only penetrate the surface of the issues you may be experiencing. You may feel an instant change, but that change may not be lasting. What will get to the route cause are the recommendations that derive from analysing the unseen Flying Star Feng Shui energy circulating your bedroom and around your home. Your Feng Shui practitioner will be able to ascertain exactly what this energy is by knowing the year your home was completed built and the orientation of the front of your home. This can only be done by an onsite consultation where a Chinese Lo Pan is used. Alternatively, there are a few books that will explain Flying Star theory and how to apply it to your home as well as some good certified courses.
If you are experiencing scenarios like those listed here, you can take positive action and make changes to your life through altering your environment. If you are a DIY person then books and courses are ideal, however, it is important to do your homework and select a course or book that follows traditional Chinese Feng Shui. A qualified and experienced professional will be able to tell you where the cause of your challenges are stemming from and make useful and practical recommendations to minimise the severity or totally turn the situation around.
Form School Feng Shui Tips for the bedroom include:
- It is best not to have mirrors in the bedroom, especially not reflecting the bed—if nothing else, it’s a little scary when you wake up to find you’re staring back at yourself in the middle of the night!
- To encourage a good night’s rest, the bed-head should be against a solid wall
- Place the bed adjacent to the door to avoid active energy entering the room from disturbing your peaceful rest
- If your home has exposed beams, avoid placing beds or seats underneath them as it can cause a feeling of restriction
- Allow sunlight through during the day, but have window coverings for night time to induce a good night’s rest
- Avoid air conditioners directly above the bed or placing a Television in the bedroom that will make the room active and detract from the peacefulness of the room
For more information on how Feng Shui can assist you to make positive changes to your environment, contact email@example.com - Mariko Fisher is principal of FengShui by Sakura in Sydney and offers a range of Feng Shui services including residential and commercial Feng Shui consultations, Chinese Astrology and Feng Shui courses and specialty Feng Shui products and gifts. Visit www.fengshuibysakura.com.au
Have you ever wondered why you can be sitting in one…Feng Shui Assessment
Why a Feng Shui assessment is just as important as a…
About Feng Shui by Sakura
We work with you and your building professionals to give you a different perspective on how to utilise your space to maximise your prosperity, harmony and well being. Based in Sydney we work nationally including regional and internationally...read more