What is a Contour Survey?
A contour survey shows:
- Generally similar distances between each contour
- The closer the contour line spacing, the steeper the slope
- The further the contour line spacing, the more gentle the slope
- Closed contour lines with higher elevation towards the centre of the block indicate higher ground towards the middle of the block – eg: a hill
- Closed contour lines with reducing levels towards the centre of the block indicate lower ground towards the middle of the block – eg: a pond
- The actual siting of your home on your block of land
- The extent of drop edge beams required, if any
- Whether any retaining walls need to be constructed
- Estimate the amount of spoil to be removed from your site
Please visit http://www.ansahomes.com.au/ask-mark for more information, articles and insights.