How To Use Dry Cleaning Solvent And Nail Polish Remover For Shoe Polish Removal?
Removing Shoe Polish Stain With The Help Of Dry Cleaning Solvent
In this method, you will need liquid dish soap, dry cleaning solvent, and water with a sponge and white dry cloth.
- It is always best to act as soon as you see the stain to occur. However, whenever you see a shoe polish stain on your carpet, you need to scrape off the excess amount of polish with the help of a butter knife or spoon.
- Then use dry cleaning solvent and sponge at the stained area of the carpet in blotting motion.
- To clean the stain you need a mixture of warm water and liquid dishwashing soap. Mix 1 tablespoon of dishwashing soap into 2 cups of warm water.
- Pour mixture over the stain and let it absorbed by the carpet for some time. Until the stain begins to disappear continue to blot it with the help of a sponge.
- Then to complete the carpet stain removal process, pour some cold water on the stain and blot it with a dry cloth. Allow the carpet to dry in the open air and afterward vacuum it to recover the look and texture of the carpet.
Always use this method of carpet cleaning as a secondary method to get rid of shoe polish stains. In this method, we will use nail polish remover, liquid laundry detergent, dry cleaning solvent, ammonia, and water.
- Nail polish remover is used in this method because shoe polish has the same composition as nail polish and it will become easier to get rid of the stain. Firstly Pour some nail polish on the stain.
- Use a white cloth to gently rub the stain. In this step, shoe polish will begin to break up. Now you need to make sure that only white cloth is used for the entire process. It is just to prevent the dye from any other cloth to leak on your carpets.
- Now blot the stain using a cotton ball and any dry cleaning solvent preferred to your carpet type.
- Create a solution by mixing 1/8 teaspoon of liquid laundry detergent in 2 cups of warm water. Then pour the solution on the stained area, followed by dabbing ammonia with a new white cloth.
- As a final step, you need to blot the carpet with warm water and white cloth to rinse it out. Until the stain is completely removed just use warm water and dry cloth. After the removal of stain let the carpet dry in the open air.
Shoe polish stains are very time consuming and annoying to get rid of, however, if you need any help for carpet stain removal then contact Carpet Dry Cleaning Hobart - Green Cleaners Team for the best carpet cleaning services in Hobart. We have a team of experts to assist you with modern techniques and equipment for providing clean, fresh, and sanitized carpets.