Homeowners' Guide to Professional Carpet Cleaning Costs
If you are wondering how much carpet cleaning costs, you’re in the right place. Our friends from Best 1 Carpet Cleaning will be giving you estimated numbers so you know what to expect when the time comes. Also, we’ll be going over the benefits of getting your carpet cleaned by a professional.
It’s always a good idea to get this done on a regular basis. You’ll not only have clean carpets, but you won’t have to worry about any kind of allergy issues or something similar. Let’s take a look now at a deeper look into how much it costs to clean a carpet and the benefits that go along with it.
The Benefits Of Professional Carpet Cleaning
Let’s take a look at the following benefits of professional carpet cleaning that you can enjoy:
- Improved aesthetics: Nothing quite like seeing your carpets look like new every time they are cleaned.
- Happy landlords: If you are renting an apartment and moving out, getting the carpets clean will make the landlord happy. They’ll appreciate the efforts you went to in order to save them time and money.
- Improved air quality: With clean carpets and less allergens, the air quality is even better in your home.
A carpet cleaner has a wide range of services. They may include but are not limited to the following:
- Steam cleaning: Uses hot water and extracts the stains using high pressure equipment
- Dry cleaning: A less invasive method that will only clean at the surface.
- Rug cleaning: Methods used to remove dirt while protecting the fabric.
- Protection for carpet and fabrics: Preventative measures to protect carpets and fabrics from dirt and spills
- Upholstery cleaning: Great for furniture while refreshing the look.
How Much Does Carpet Cleaning Cost?
The answer will depend on several factors. Is the entire room being cleaned? Or are you just doing select rooms.
On average, you can be looking to spend $75 to $150 on average. There are average numbers to keep in mind. They include the following:
- Rug cleaning = $30
- 2 rooms = Starting from $99
- 3 rooms = From $120 and up
- 2 bedroom townhouse = $125 (unfurnished) ; $135 (furnished)
- 3 bedroom house = $140 to $185
- Larger homes = $185 and up
What you’ll also want to keep in mind is that with some services, you may be charged as if it were an entire room being cleaned. This can include a flight of stairs or even hallways. Large living rooms or dining rooms can also count as 2 rooms being cleaned.
Before you choose a carpet cleaning company, you’ll want to explain the setup of your home and what you need cleaned. This will give you an idea of which service will charge you best based on your budget. Some carpet companies will have rates that will be reasonable for your budget whilst some may be out of your price range.
Below is a list of frequently asked questions regarding carpet cleaning. We have answered these following questions accurately and to the best of our ability. Here’s what people have asked:
Why get your carpets cleaned?
Most people get their carpets cleaned to improve the cleanliness of their homes. Others may do it for the purpose of preventing allergy attacks from dust, pollen, pet danger, and other allergens.
What jobs can a carpet cleaner do?
A carpet cleaner will usually clean your floor using dry or wet (steam) methods. This will depend on the type of stain your carpet may be dealing with and how challenging it might be to remove.
How much does carpet cleaning cost?
The answer will depend on several factors including the carpet cleaning service you choose. On average, you can expect to spend anywhere from $75 to $150 per service.
What does my carpet cleaning quote include?
Your carpet cleaning quote may include a rate of the complete service. This can also include the square footage, cleaning type, and any additional products that may be used during the process.
Dry cleaning vs steam cleaning carpets: What’s the difference?
Dry cleaning is used for surface cleaning and will normally use a vacuum. Meanwhile, steam cleaning will use a highly pressurized machine for deep cleaning of tough stains.
What questions should I ask a carpet cleaning service?
Ask questions such as how much experience they may have or how long the job may take. It’s also important to ask if they provide you a quote in writing.
Does my carpet cleaner need to be licensed?
To ensure that your carpet cleaner is competent and experienced, they will need to be licensed. This will also give you an indication that they are also insured in case any damages occur during the service.
How much does DIY carpet cleaning cost?
DIY carpet cleaning costs may vary. It will depend on the products you intend to purchase such as dish soap, hydrogen peroxide, and other detergents that are proven to remove stains.
How often should you normally clean carpets?
On average, your carpets should be cleaned every 12 months. This can be subject to change due to various factors such as having pets or children in your household.
The benefits of a professional carpet cleaning
- Removes allergens such as pollen and dust mites trapped in the carpet
- Improves airflow and quality
- Improves the aesthetics and feel of your carpet
- Saves your landlord time and money if you move out of a rental property
If you are wondering how much carpet cleaning costs, you now have a good estimate of how much it will be. It’s also important to consider as many options as you can. You’ll want to pinpoint which services and price quotes will fit your budget and personal needs.
As for the carpet cleaning aspect, it will be a great thing to get done regularly. If you want to keep your home clean and free from allergens. Chances are you can benefit from carpet cleaning.
At the end of the day, it’s worth the investment. Find the carpet cleaning service that’s right for you and enjoy the benefits.