How To Remove Oil Spills From Your Carpet?
Using Rubbing Alcohol
- Apply a little amount of rubbing alcohol on the stain to begin the cleaning process.
- Rubbing alcohol is widely available in almost all homes which are a benefit for sure.
- Use a cloth to press the solution deep on to the stain for more effective results.
- If the stain still doesn’t get removed then repeat the process.
- Alcohol will extract the oil from the carpet and will eliminate it from the fabric too.
- It is a very efficient carpet cleaning method.
- The stained area should be covered with baking soda sprinkled liberally.
- The baking soda should be rubbed into the stained area. It should be neither mild nor harsh.
- The solution should be left to set for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then, the vacuum cleaner over the stain.
- Few drops of detergent are dropped on the stain and brushed with a toothbrush. The detergent amount should be small.
- The stain may not go in one attempt.
- The cycle should be repeated until the stain is gone.
- In the first step, we ensure the integrity of the dry cleaning solvent.
- We take dry cleaning solvent and apply it to cleaned carpets and press it against a small area of the rug for testing.
- After testing, the solvent should be applied to the oil-stained area.
- We need to travel in an arc from the outside to the interior part of the stain, pressing the solution in the carpet. The pressure must be sufficient for the solution to permeate the oil-stained fiber.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, we use a soggy rag and dry up the solvent, and later let the stained area to exhaust, preferably under a fan to expedite the drying method.
- In the last step, we need to check the exhausted carpeting for any marks of the oil spot
- If there are oil stains found, the process needs to be repeated again, until the stains are gone.
If you are finding it difficult to take them out of the oil stains from the carpet then do not think twice and hire the professional carpet cleaning services in Brisbane offered by Back 2 New Cleaning company. We work round the clock to provide the best service to our valuable clients.