How Do I Clean The Air Ducts In My House?
Reduce dust in your home to lead healthy and hygiene life
Air duct cleaning is very important to breathe fresh air in the indoor environment. There may be many reasons to clean the air ducts but the ultimate reason to clean the air ducts is to feel and breathe fresh air inside your home. Apart from the health reason, the clean ducts can result in providing long lasting life for the heating system. When you dust the air ducts often you will tend to breathe cleaner air in the home. When you decide to clean the duct system you must consider duct deodorizing and Duct Cleaning, this will kill the left out pathogens in the duct system. For those who are sensitive to the allergies, they should consider cleaning the air ducts more frequently.
Things you need to Clean the Air Ducts
- Furnace filter- furnace filter is an important tool that will be useful for you at the end of the job. Choose the right furnace filter for effective results.
- Vacuum- a normal household vacuum with a decent hose attachment is more than enough for completing the job successfully. In case if you have a heavy duty shop vacuum cleaning it is better.
- Brush- purchase a brush that closely resembles the toilet brush
- Screwdriver or hex driver- you must use the tool that perfectly fits the fastener.
- Paper towel- you will need the paper towel to cover the registers.
- Cover the register to prevent dust from falling and spreading throughout the room. Just lift the register and wrap it with the paper towel.
- Turn on the fan while you are cleaning the ducts, this will move the dust along and reduces the banging and brushing movement. Set the thermostat to fan on and off the cool and heat mode of the system. Let the fan alone run, in case if you don’t have the fan only option you have to install a newer thermostat.
- Check the filter and confirm it is in the proper place. So that the dust you clean will not settle into the fan motor.
- Lose the stubborn build up of dust in duct just by brushing. This will help you to break up any stubborn deposit of duct that has stuck into the duct.
- Now sweep the dust in the supply registers, use a vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment. Lift the register and use the hose attachment to push the dust.
- Sweep out the return air register, for this, you will need tools to remove the screws. Brush and sweep the register’s back as far as possible. Air duct cleaning is very important as they gather more dust and dirt compared to the supply registers.
- Now shut the fans and furnace and clean the blower compartment and return air boot. Finally, replace the furnace filter. Buy a good quality filter as that will cut down the dust in your home.
If you have any problem or concerns about your duct cleaning, home’s or business’s air ducts, Marks Duct Cleaning is here to help! We are the top Professional Duct cleaning Melbourne company in Melbourne. We have been in the industry for years and have the expertise in duct cleaning and to keep your air ducts cleaned so that your friends, family and employees can breathe clean air and stay healthy. Call Us Today and also Online Book your Booking.