How To Remove Pet Stains From Carpet
A Few Important Carpet Cleaning Tips to Get Rid of Pet Stains
Urine and faeces are the two most important excreta of animals that leave marks on the carpet’s look and are difficult to remove. To remove urine stains you should follow the following carpet cleaning steps.
Cleaning Dog Wee on the Carpet
- Use a rag or paper towel to soak up the excess moisture.
- Use the different solution for the satin depending upon the texture of the carpet.
- Add 2 tablespoons of ammonia to a cup of water. Blot the solution on the carpet and rinse it properly. Eventually, blot it dry.
- White vinegar in water also works wonder for the stubborn stains.
- Cover the stained area with layers of paper towels until the carpet is dry.
- First, use a spoon or spatula to scoop up the excess from the carpet
- Then pour a few drops of ammonia solution on the affected area and give it some time to soak into the carpet.
- Repeat this several times until the stain is completely removed. Rinse the area with cold water and let it dry.
- To drive away from the lingering stained odour, spread some baking soda on the area.
Immediately after the effect on the carpet, take some action, since leaving it dry for several hours will make the stains more stubborn and difficult to remove. So instead of delaying, blot the area with some kind of solution as mentioned above. But prior to applying the solution, you should sprinkle some lukewarm water on the area and rinse it thoroughly. Different solutions work for different carpets, depending upon the type of carpet that is being used. But whichever solution you apply, leave it on the carpet for some minutes to let the solution dissolve with the stain. Blot it until it is dry. The solution may include vinegar with water or ammonia with water. If none of the solutions works, then you should go for the detergent and then rinse the spot with water. But at the end of it all, do not forget to blot. If you are facing any issue then you can contact Squeaky Clean Carpet.
Hence following the tips on how to remove pet stains from carpet, you can remove the stain completely from the carpet without leaving any impression of it. If these tips are not working then you should hire Carpet Cleaning Frankston for professional cleaning of carpets.