How to Remove Shoe Polish From Your Carpet?
Steps To Remove Shoe Polish From The Carpet
A bucket filled with water
Washing up liquid
Blunt knife or spoon
Steps To Follow:
- Trick to get rid of any stain perfectly is to treat it immediately, the same is the case with shoe polish stains. The moment you see it, use a blunt knife or a spoon to scoop up any excess amount of polish for carpet stain removal. The main danger with black shoe polish is that it can be very easily spread, so you need to avoid pushing it further into the carpet fibers while scooping. When you don’t see any polish above the carpet surface then use a paper towel to blot up the stain.
- Use a mixture of dishwasher detergent and water to dab the stain for dislodging. Then with a clean cloth to remove as much as shoe polish you can. If you observe the stain transferring to the cloth then continue the process by moving to the clean side of cloth. If you carry blotting with the same dirty cloth then it will also make the stain worse by rubbing it further deep into fibers.
- If the steps mentioned above fails to work, then wait for the carpet to dry naturally and use nail polish remover in the same way. This method is gentle but is also very effective for carpet stain removal.
- Still, if you are unable to get rid of shoe polish from your carpet then try ammonia to do it for you. Use ammonia and water in equal amounts to make a solution and blot up the stain as before. But before using this solution on the actual stained area test it on some hidden or inconspicuous area of the carpet. But make sure not to mix ammonia with bleach over because the chemical results can be very toxic.
- Use a blunt knife or spoon to remove the excess amount of shoe polish from your carpet.
- To blot the stain use soapy water.
- If soapy water does not work then use nail polish remover and ammonia as the alternative.
If your carpet is stained with shoe polish and you are tired of all the DIY techniques, then contact Fresh Local Carpet Cleaning Perth for providing you the best spot treatment for the carpet cleaning services in Perth. Our team of experts has dealt with all types of stains including shoe polish stain.
Related Article:- How Can You Remove Chewing Gum From Your Carpet?