How To Treat Burn Marks On The Carpet?
HOW TO TREAT A CARPET BURN MARK
METHOD # 1
- If the intensity of the burn mark is low and small, you can use a scissor to cut away the damaged patch of the burnt carpet. You can also cut the burnt fibres if there is no hole in the carpet.
- Carefully cut away some carpet fibres from near a wall or inside a closet. Make sure you don't cut any carpet fibre from the centre of the carpet
- Use any transparent glue and fix those freshly cut fibres on the burnt spot on the carpet.
- Let the glued fibres dry naturally and don't stick extra fibres or it will appear ugly or bad.
- First and foremost, use sharp scissors to cut out the damaged patch of the carpet. Burnt part can be easily removed and make sure you don't cut excessively.
- Use a mild detergent and rinse a cloth in the detergent water solution and clean the burnt patch to remove any blackness.
- Now cut out a fresh patch from a donor carpet or any non-usable patch from the carpet. Make sure the size of the donor patch is bigger than the damaged or burnt patch of the carpet.
- Now place the donor patch on the burnt cut-out patch on the carpet carefully.
- Now you should use a utility knife to carefully cut out the edges and extra carpet fibres from the donor.
- Make sure that the donor patch exactly fits in the burnt patch of the carpet before fixing it their permanently.
- Use any transparent glue or double-sided tape, apply this glue or tape to the newly added piece of the donor carpet. Let the patch dry and fix on the carpet permanently.
The above-mentioned methods are limited to less severe or small burn marks on the carpet. If your carpet has suffered severe burn damage that its highly suggested that you hire us. We provide our customers with all kinds of carpet repair services and carpet restoration services. Our professional carpet technicians can handle and restore any amount of damage suffered by the carpet effectively,y. We are equipped with all the latest tools and equipment necessary to deliver the best carpet repair results for you. Hire our professional Carpet Repair Service in Brisbane at affordable costs today and get your carpets restored to new in no time.