The Benefits of LED Downlights in your Sutherland Shire Home
LED down lights are more energy efficient than your hot halogen globes. Your LED down lights have a lifespan of 30,000 to 50,000 hours compared to your dangerous halogen downlights of 1000 hours. A staggering 80% energy savings can be made when replacing your halogen downlights to the energy efficient L.E.D downlights.
Save On Maintenance Costs
A common problem with halogen downlights is the constant changing of globes. One of the qualities of the energy efficient downlight is they have a longer life, up to 10 years or more lighting hours. Less continual replacement of halogen globes means two things, lower costs in terms of being charged labour to replace the globe and the cost for replacement parts.
Reduced Fire Risk
The heat produced by the halogen globe can reach up to 200c making it to Hot to touch. When switching a halogen globe on, it instantly produces only 20% of light with the other 80% turning to heat. If anything above the ceiling was to come into contact with the 80% of wasteful heat, especially cabling, could result in a fire. A way of preventing this to happen is to install L.E.D downlights.
L.E.D downlights do not contain any mercury or any other harmful gases and do not emit any damaging UV rays. The compact fluorescent lamp [CFL] contains the deadly gas mercury and when deposited into rubbish waste facilities and not handled with care, this lamp could discharge into the ground causing the mercury to contaminate our waterways, effecting our water supply and horticulture. Installing L.E.D downlights would eliminate this dangerous scenario from happening.
When most people are thinking of changing their globes, cost is the biggest factor in making their decision. Buying one L.E.D globe will last you 10 years compared to buying a dozen that keep burning out over the same period of time. So in the long run spending the bigger money today will have substantial savings in the future and that does not include the running costs of electricity for the halogen globe.
True Local Electricians are LED Lighting Upgrade Specialists to the Sutherland Shire. True Local Electricians offer a comprehensive range of Home and Business LED lighting options. We specialise in efficient LED lighting which reduces your energy bills.
True Local Electricians Sutherland Shire specialise in all LED lighting including:
- Residential LED Lighting Upgrades, including Downlights, Pendants, Battens, Oyster, Chandeliers
- Commercial Shop LED Lighting Upgrades, including High Bay Lights
- Office Lighting – Troffer Lighting
- Feature lighting to enhance your indoor space – Kitchen, Bathroom or Leisure Rooms
- LED Strip Lighting
- Outdoor Security Lighting, Including Sensors
- Flood Lights & Spot Lights
- Energy-efficient Lighting options to Save on Your Bills
- Commercial Lighting Electrical Installation
- Warehouse Lighting Installation
- Factory LED Lighting
- Dimable Lighting and IXL Heat Lighting
- Led Mirror Installation
- Track Lighting