Why is it Important for Your Temporary Fencing to Meet the Australian Standards?
But not many people are aware of the safety risks when ordering big items such as temporary fencing that do not meet the Australian Standard.
Australian Standards specify the minimal requirements for a product to achieve safety and quality during performance and standards vary from country to country depending on each individual location requirements.
Australian Standards ensure goods and services consistently perform the way they are intended. They support the economy, improve safety and health, use our national resources more efficiently and improve our quality of life.
There are many benefits to Australian Standards:
- Australian Standards grant businesses and consumer confidence that the goods and services that they are purchasing, developing or using meet the standard which ultimately means for them that the product is safe, reliable and will do the job they were intended for.
- Products that comply with Australian Standards have a competitive advantage over products that don't - consumers know the difference. Australian exporters using international Standards have a head start when they move into overseas markets.
- Standards ensure products manufactured in one country can be sold and used in another as standards vary from country to country. Standards help to reduce technical barriers involved in international trade, standards increase the size of potential markets and position Australian firms to compete in the world economy.
- Standards help create a consistency across the same product. Standards offer an alternative to regulation, with less red tape and business costs, while still providing security for families and small business consumers.
The general requirements for temporary fencing to meet the Australian standards are:
- Temporary fencing and temporary hoarding shall remain erect and stable at all times. If at any time the fence or hoarding system is moved or altered it shall be done so by a competent and trained installer in accordance to the specific hirer’s instruction/installation manual.
- The design of any temporary fencing or temporary hoarding system shall take into account wind loading, impact tests and stability.
- All temporary fencing and temporary hoarding shall be erected by a competent installer in accordance to the specific hirer’s instruction/installation manual.
- All temporary fences shall be a minimum height of 1500 mm.
- NOTE: Where temporary fencing and temporary hoarding is not erected on private property, permits and approval may be required.
Are you currently building or renovating? Remember that temporary fencing is a requirement for the safety of all involved. If you are confused and need guidance, give temporary fencing specialists the temporary fencing shop a call on 1300 119 998 and we can help.
Author bio: This article was written by Madina Azamy from The Temporary Fencing Shop, specialists in all temp fencing products and temporary pool fencing across Australia.