Hourly rates for Brisbane removalists (and other cities)
You can definitely save money by moving by yourself, but the advantage of hiring a professional and watching your heavy items walk out the door without you lifting a finger, now that's a good move.
Brisbane removalists hourly rates
Most furniture removalists can give you a quote online or over the phone, but the below is a rough estimate on hourly costs with days and manpower.
- 2 Movers, 1 Truck, Mon - Thurs: $130
- 2 Movers, 1 Truck, Fri - Sun: $140
- 3 Movers, 1 Truck, Mon - Thurs: $170
- 3 Movers, 1 Truck, Fri - Sun: $180
Generally speaking, a 2 bedroom unit or house, taking 4-6 hours for 2 movers and a truck will set you back between $585-$845.
Moving modes to other places
Another way to move is by using a self-pack container. If you're confident enough to attempt this yourself, you're looking at estimates like:
- Rates to and from Perth, between $2,000 and $6,000
- Sydney to Brisbane, between $3,000 and $4,000.
If it's just moving across Brisbane, quotes can be $35-$55 per hour, per person, in 15 min increments. Travel time, distance, access to residences and location can influence the above cost though.
What about other cities?
- An across town move in Melbourne for a 3 bedroom house - approx between $600 to around $1,500
- An interstate move from Melbourne to Brisbane? It can work out at $128.00 per m3 or for a 10 m3 load $1,280, that being city depot to depot.
- An interstate move from Sydney to say Brisbane can be $114.00 per m3 or for a 10 m3 load $1,140, that being city depot to depot.
- An interstate move from Sydney to say Tasmania can work out at $187.00 per m3 or for a 10 m3 load $1,870 that being city depot to depot.
- Location and access to or distance from the “moving out of” residence and equally the access to the “moving into” residence.
- Moving from the ground floor only or high set/high rise?
- Time of year (holiday periods may incur extra costs because of demand)
- Traffic on the route
- Insurance cover
- Storage costs
- Who is doing the packing?
- The overall distance of your move.