Moving to the Gold Coast during COVID? Everything you need to know.
About the Gold Coast
- located a short 45-minute drive south of Brisbane’s CBD
- some of Queensland’s most spectacular coastlines
- Population of 620,000 and growing
- Vibrant nightlife from bars, restaurants and a casino
- Australia’s top theme parks to feed your thrill-seeking desires
- A culture that invites a diverse set of interests with things to do
- The climate is undeniably fitting for a location that is surrounded by beaches
- It is a perfect holiday destination, attracting over 13 million visitors a year which helps boost a vibrant economy
- Plenty of career opportunities for residents & tourism businesses
- Gold Coast has over 100 private and public schools to choose from and three world-leading, State of The Art Universities.
If you haven’t yet picked which suburb is right for you, you might feel a little overwhelmed when you learn that the Gold Coast is made up of 81 suburbs. But read our blog on the best suburbs in the Gold Coast to move your family to, for a more in-depth overview: https://www.austate.com.au/blog/best-suburbs-in-gold-coast-to-move-your-family-to
But here is a quick breakdown for you:
- If you’re looking to call the beach your backyard, you might choose a suburb like Surfers Paradise or Broadbeach
- However, if you’re looking to escape the tourist hot spots, areas like Robina
How can I move during COVID
You might be wondering what is different about moving during COVID-19? You can still move houses during this time, whether that be within the state you are already living in or even if you are considering an interstate move. Depending on where you are moving from might require you to follow different protocols, we suggest referring to your current State Government’s Health website or checking out the most current advice from Queensland Health. When working with contractors, agents, and any furniture removalist or building inspectors etc. it is still a requirement that you practice social distancing as best you can during these instances.
Moving guide wrap-up:
- The Gold Coast is a great place to live
- Furniture removalists are still able to work during COVID
- For a guide to suburbs read: https://www.austate.com.au/blog/best-suburbs-in-gold-coast-to-move-your-family-to
- For a more in-depth guide to moving to the Gold Coast during COVID read: https://www.austate.com.au/blog/moving-to-the-gold-coast-during-covid