Safety Tips for your Garage Door
By Enovee Garage Doors|October 01, 2019
- DO NOT operate the garage door unless the garage door is in full view and free from objects such as cars and people. Make sure that the door has finished moving before entering or exiting the garage.
- DO NOT operate the garage door opener when persons are near the door. Children must be supervised near the garage door at all times when the door opener is in use.
- DO NOT allow children to operate the garage door opener.
- Regularly check to make sure that the safety obstruction force on the motor is working correctly, and is tested and set as per the instruction manual. This test must be repeated at regular intervals (say every six months) and the necessary adjustments made as required.
- DO NOT disengage the door opener to manual operation with persons or any other objects including motor vehicles within the doorway.
- Install the wall switch or wall mounted transmitter in a location where it is out of reach of children and the garage door is clearly visible.
- The door opener is not intended for use by young children or infirm persons without adequate supervision. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the remote transmitters or the opener.
- Keep hands and loose clothing clear of the door and door opener at all times.
- The garage door must be well balanced. Sticking or binding doors must be repaired by a qualified Enovee garage door installer.
- Frequently examine the installation, in particular cables, springs and mountings for signs of wear, damage or imbalance. DO NOT use if repair or adjustment is needed since a fault in the installation or an incorrectly balanced door may cause injury. DO NOT attempt to repair the door yourself as the hardware is under extreme tension.
- When using Auto Close Mode, a Wireless PE Beam must be fitted correctly and tested for operation at regular intervals. Extreme caution is recommended when using auto close mode.
- Make sure that the door is fully open before driving in or out of the garage and fully closed before leaving the driveway.
- Make sure that remote controls are kept out of reach of children.