EASY TIPS EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW BEFORE BUILDING A NEW HOME
It’s important that you do your research when it comes to which builder to build with, reputation, quality and finishes are all something to research.
We’ve included some easy to follow tips to consider when building your home.
- Set a budget and choose a builder that provides you with a fixed cost tender.
- Most builders do give you a fixed price and throughout that there is allowances for certain items, if you have a budget in place, it’s important to follow this, its easy for costs to blow out when you’re choosing finishes.
- Check the reputation of your builder
- Don’t just take their word for it, do some research of your own. Find reviews online, ask in forums, has there been a house nearby built by the same builder? Knock on the door and ask their opinion. It’s better you know before you build, than after.
- Build with resale in mind
- No matter how much you love the house you are building, its unlikely going to be the only home you ever own. Whilst your home should have your own personal touch, be mindful not to overcapitalize for your area and include features that will also appeal to others
- Develop a good relationship with your site supervisor
- Your site supervisor should be working with you and for you to ensure your build goes smoothly, but realistically, your home isn’t the only build that they are supervising and usually they are only able to visit the site 1-2 times per week. It’s important that you develop a good rapport with them so you can have open and honest discussions should there be something you’re not happy with.
- Call Houspect
- Why? Because we can check your build at every stage and provide you with a written report including photos of any issues that need rectifying before the next stage of your build commences. It’s a must for peace of mind and to ensure your builders are held accountable.