4 Ways to Save Money when Moving
By Budget Trucks|April 28, 2017
Moving is a big expense and can be an exhausting process. That is why saving some money during the process can be such a big help. Here are 4 simple ways that you can save money when moving.
- Hire Your Own Moving Truck: Hiring your own moving truck puts the control of the move in your hands. There are different types of ways that you can save money when you hire your own moving truck.
- You can make sure that the size is right and reserve the smallest size truck you need to avoid paying too much for a larger truck than you need.
- Reserve your moving truck in advance to get the best rate.
- Look for specials or discounts available like one way moving sales, hourly rates, overnight deals, or weekend specials.
- Prepare in Advance: When you prepare in advance, you can be ready for all of the expenses and mitigate what you can. Reserving your moving truck in advance isn’t the only way to save money when moving either. If you need storage, you can plan that out in advance. It also helps to collect your moving supplies in advance. You might be able to find them for free or lower cost than waiting until the last minute and having to pay whatever price you find them at.
- Purchase Moving Insurance: Even though this sounds like an added expense, this can save you so much in the long run. Insurance can help you recover money in the event of a loss or accident during your move. You don’t want to risk all of your belongings in one truck without insuring them. This is the same principle for homeowner’s insurance, it is just that all of your home is in a truck.
- Keep Valuables with You: If you have irreplaceable keepsakes, jewelry or documents, you should keep them with you during the move instead of packing them into a moving truck. If you are moving close by, consider putting all of these valuables in a safety deposit box or safe place with family while you move. If you are moving a long distance, then keep them with you.