Got Blocked Drains in Sutherland Shire? Curran Plumbing Can Help
You have a blocked drain.
Causes of blocked drains
There’s no question about it; blocked drains are a major household nuisance. Whether it’s in the bathroom, toilet, or the kitchen, a blocked drain can interfere with your life, and send your household in a minor crisis.
Blocked drains involving a shower or bathroom drain are usually caused by the accumulation of debris, especially hair, that can clog the drain pipes. Toilet blockages, on the other hand, are often the result of flushing down items that shouldn’t have been flushed there in the first place. These items include hair, paper towels, baby wipes, sanitary products, and other solids that can cause clogged pipes and blocked drains.
Problems with kitchen sink or dishwasher drainage, on the other hand, are most likely caused by accumulated food particles, and grease, oil and fat, as well as other debris that may have been forced or washed into the sink or washer.
When a serious drainage problem is left unattended for long, you could face more serious issues. These include leaky walls, ceilings or roofs, moisture and mould problems, and damaged electrical wiring and fittings.
Blocked drain ‘first aid’ at home
As a form of drain blockage ‘first aid,’ you can try the following at home:
- Check the drain for hair, scale, or other foreign objects.
- Pouring boiling water down the drain or sink.
- You can then use a plunger to unclog the drain or sink; however, be sure to use the right plunger for the job (e.g., a toilet plunger won’t work and isn’t sanitary to use on a sink blockage).
- Pour about four litres of hot water into the drain or sink. Follow this up with 1/2 cup of baking soda. Wait a few minutes, then mix a cup of vinegar with a cup of hot water. Pour in this mixture last. You can also use this mixture for routine home pipe cleaning.
- However, if you think the clog is in the P-trap (this is the U-shaped pipe found under most sinks), turn the water off. Place a bucket under the pipe, then unscrew the joints at either end. Remove any hair or particles caught in this section, and then replace the joints securely.
If not, then it’s probably time to call in the professionals.
Call Curran Plumbing for reliable, guaranteed service
When home remedies don’t work, then you need to get your blocked drain problem in Sutherland Shire attended to immediately.
To avoid the need for excavation or a reline, act now.
Call us at Curran Plumbing so we can sort out your blocked drain problem once and for all.