Do Fake Security Signs Prevent Break-Ins?
In a study that was conducted in Western Australia of police detainees by the Drug Use Monitoring in Australia, it was found that nearly half of those questioned would be discouraged from a particular property if there was evidence of a home alarm system or home security system.
Possible pros of fake security signs
1. Quick and easy – unlike installing a full-blown alarm and CCTV monitoring system, all you need to do is put up a few stickers around.
· Money – the primary benefit of just using stickers is that it will save you a lot of money. Buying some signs and stickers won’t cost much more than $10-20, even for the more popular brands and companies.
· Effective – Although it won’t do anything to stop a burglar who has decided to rob your house, it may put off a slightly more cautious one.
2. If you want something a little more substantial and secure, then there are other methods that won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
· A pet dog – although dogs can be expensive, especially larger ones, you can use home security as your perfect excuse to finally get a new best friend. Studies have shown that a dog doesn’t have to be big and scary, it just needs to be loud as burglars want to be as discreet as possible so don’t fret over finding a huge Alsatian, any dog can be the perfect guard dog for you.
· Don’t make it too obvious you are away – burglars almost exclusively target empty homes so preventing a burglary can be as simple as keeping the lawn well kept, leaving lights on in the evening, and parking outside on the driveway.
Cons of fake security signs
1. Technology– with modern technology and the abundance of smartphones, it would not be difficult for a clever thief to simply google the company on your sticker and discover that it is fake.
2. False security– without an actual alarm system, if a burglar were to call your bluff, neither you nor the monitoring station would be alerted, and you wouldn’t know that you’re being robbed until you got back home.
3. Appear really fake– You need to be careful that you go for a convincing sticker as many cheap options will display companies that are clearly fake, or with no company’s name at all.
If you are on a tight budget but would like to look for reaosnably priced home security products that can help deter burglars, contact us today and one of our friendly staff can assist you with your home safety systems needs.