Why a 'survival kit' is essential when moving house
There is so much to do, you start forgetting about all the little things you need to keep aside. Having your phone charger packed in a box halfway back on a removalist truck is not much use when you're down to red on your phone battery.
We highly recommend you pack a 'survival kit' for all those things you might need within a day or two of moving, but which you may not want to waste time unpacking boxes and looking for. You'll want to customise the list to suit your needs but this is a good place to start.
Your survival kit will be kept seperate to all of your other household items and always easily accessible to you during your move.
- Clothing - pack at least one change of clothes and one set of sleepwear per person
- Linen - pack sheets, pillow and duvet for each bed and one towel per person
- Kitchen - keep aside some basics such as kettle, toaster and a set of crockery per person
- Kids Essentials - depending upon the ages of your kids, you will want to keep aside a few things to keep them comforted and / or occupied during the period you are moving. Things such as comforters / teddy bears, toys, games, ipads + chargers.
- Tools - a basic tool set will always come in handy - include a screwdriver, pliers, adjustable spanner, utility knife, hammer and torch.
- Cleaning Items - for last minute cleaning jobs, keep handy some all purpose cleaner, paper towels, glass cleaner and mop.
- Toiletries - shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, toothbrushes, toothpaste, toilet paper, sunscreen, insect repellent, band-aids, presciption medications.